Thursday, May 31, 2012

Busy Busy Bees!

I hope everyone had a great Memorial Day!  We have been keeping ourselves super busy lately enjoying this awesome weather.  Here's a quick recap of what's been going on this past week, courtesy of Picmonkey's new collage feature (YAY)!


We've been seeing some interesting creatures in our yard this week.  I'm hoping this is the as 'wild' as the creatures get because I'm afraid soon we'll be seeing snakes, foxes or worse!  It's been quite interesting and Abby has definitely gotten a huge kick out of it!


We've also been swinging, and swimming, and running through the sprinkler, and let's not leave out Abby's first adventure in doing her own makeup!


So, sorry if things have been a little silent around here.  On top of just keeping busy, we've also been working hard at getting Lilly to sleep through the night.  It hurts me to say it but, yes, it does involve a little bit of the dreaded 'crying it out'.  We don't let her cry for very long and I do go in to comfort her but I'm desperately trying to break her of the many bottles at night habit.


And, yes, I know it's just habit and not just hunger because in 4 days we have cut down from 8+ ounces at night to only 2-4 ounces.  Yet, she still doesn't want to eat right away when she wakes up.  


It's been hard and I hate hearing her cry.  I'm also so tired because I am sometimes up for 2 hours a night trying to get her to sleep without a bottle.  It's driving me nuts because I'm exhausted and know that a bottle would put her to sleep within 15 minutes.  However, I know that this habit needs to be broken for her sake and mine.


I can say that last night I saw a little bit of light at the end of the tunnel.  Lilly woke up around 11 but instead of crying she just let out little whines on and off for about 20 minutes.  She would stop for a few minutes and then let out a little whimper again.  Finally, QUIET.  I checked her and she was fast asleep until around 3. 


I'm hoping this will work and a good nights sleep will be in my immediate future!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Kasey, getting your baby to sleep through the night is so, so NOT fun! It sounds like you're getting there, though!

    I love your collages! I haven't tried PicMonkey yet, but I will soon! (I was so upset when Picnik went away!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you sooo much for referencing PicMonkey. I loved Picnik and cried went they sold to Google.
    Crying it out is sooo hard! hope it all worked out.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails