Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Week 1: Losing it 1 lb at a Time



1 lb at a time

Here we are in week 1 of "Losing it 1 lb at a Time" and since I'm not brave enough to enter my actual weight (actually I hate to admit that number even to myself) we will say my weight is 15 lbs which is how much I would like to lose at the end of the 8 weeks.

Our question this week is "What is one thing that you find makes you fee beautiful/good about yourself and why?"  For me, it's getting my eyebrows done.  I try to go every 2 weeks but lately it's been more like once a month.  I just feel so much better/awake/alive when I have nice clean brows.  It's one of the few things that I take the time to do for myself and I am miserable when I can't get them done.

I was reviewing my original goals, which you can find by clicking here, and I can honestly say so far I have not been a very good girl!  I hit a few snags trying to eat healthy this week.

  • I took out chicken breast Saturday for dinner.  Unfortunately, I took it out of the freezer in the afternoon and it was not defrosted in time (it was probably a subconscious thing... just thinking about dieting makes me crave deliciously bad food!).  So, instead my Hubbins suggested pizza.  Who can turn down pizza?  Of course, he ordered breadsticks too (another weakness, ugh!)
  • We took the baby on a walk in downtown Annapolis and got ice cream on Monday.  
  • I bought a chicken the other day and started noticing a smell in my kitchen.  Thought it was the garbage disposal but nope, it was the chicken aka last nights dinner.  Since the Hubbins had to be in work for 6 last night we took the easy route and hit up Burger King.
As you can see, I have not stayed true to my goals.  However, I have been working out or walking (yes! one goal accomplished!) every day.  Hopefully, that's enough to compensate for my gluttony!  The bad news is, I'm driving to PA tomorrow.  It's a 3.5 hour ride and we'll be busy so cooking healthy is not going to happen.  Hopefully, all the heavy cleaning will burn lots of calories!  I'm determined to behave next week and hopefully I'll be down at least a pound or two by then!

7 comments:

  1. I also have a husband who spoils me with food. They mean well, but stop! This weight loss thing is HARD!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who can pass up pizza? It is deelish! :) I am trying to loose a few pounds myself so i know how you feel! We can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Moving toward a really healthy diet is a true process. My husband & I have finally gotten away from fast food, but eating healthy is not always easy when on the run. I wish you the best on that journey. Every time we make a small and better adjustment in our diet, we feel so much better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems any small step is still a step. I haven't done well with my first week (post to come), but I figure I'm getting my engines started?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes, the eyebrows are a MUST!
    You know what has helped me at restaurants is looking at the nutritional guide, if they have it. It really makes you watch what you eat. You may start out with a burger and quickly realize that something else would be a better decision!
    Awesome job on the walking :-) EVERY step counts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the encouragement everyone! Can you believe my husband wanted to order pizza again last night? I didn't give in though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i have the same issue. i'm trying to at least keep moving daily :o)


    following you back, btw!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails