Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter... too much food, too little time!

I hope everyone had a happy Easter.  I know we did! But boy... did we eat! I have never met another family that eats as much as ours.  Here's our menu:


  • At 1:30 we ate salad, salami, cheese, olives, bread... my Dad calls this antipasta but it is a meal in itself!
  • At 2:30 we at lasagna and more bread.
  • At 5:30 we ate ham, sweet potato casserole, potatoes, broccoli, some sort of clam dip, and applesauce (I know I am forgetting something!).
  • At 7:00 we ate dessert:  4 different types of cookies, 2 types of cakes, coconut custard pie, biscotti, and brownies.
Can anyone say fat fest?  As a family we definitely go all out when it comes to food yet there always seems to be something missing... this year I was sad to see there wasn't any cannoli.  I remember the first time my husband ate a Sunday dinner at my Nan's house.  He was amazed! 

I love our dysfunctional tendencies when it comes to food... but I hate it too.  My thighs and butt are evidence of many years of overdoing it.  I constantly want or am trying to lose weight but all it takes is one day and I'm back on the wagon!  It's an addiction... I actually get grumpy if a craving goes unfulfilled.  I am determined to take control of this... to lose weight, eat healthy, work out, and stay that way.... but I think I'll wait until after Abby's birthday party.  How could I possibly not have a piece of her first birthday cake?  True fat kid mentality! 

2 comments:

  1. Ohmigosh--that menu sounds SO good! Especially the sweet potato casserole! As far as your weight loss goals, I wish you luck. I have several friends who are struggling with their weight. One of them got the lapband last year, and has reported a lot of success with that, but says she has to be very disciplined as well. I have NO discipline when it comes to food, and admire anyone who does!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shannon - Thanks for the luck... it's just a pesky 30lbs I'd love to lose but I too have no discipline!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails