Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Moose Hunting

I have always had an immature sense of humor (I love watching NCIS but chuckle every time I hear the word 'Seaman').  My favorite types of jokes are lies stories and I am pretty proud of myself when I'm believable.  Usually, I'm not but sometimes things all fall into to place.

The BEST was a story I told my Mom.  We have been going to Vermont for vacation every year for as long as I can remember.  Well, since my Aunt moved there but I can't remember how many years ago that was but it was a long time ago.  Anyways, we always got a kick out of the moose crossing signs on the side of the road.

It just seemed so strange and we always wanted to see one.  Now I know that they are not very friendly and are also very massive but back then I thought it would be awesome to see.

I guess I was bored one day while we were at a lake surrounded by trees.  I went for a walk which probably lasted 30 seconds before I realized that there would be bugs in the forest.  Since I was probably picturing giant spiders attacking me, I quickly walked back to the beach blanket.

Maybe my Mom asked me why I was walking so fast or maybe I just saw an opportunity to see how gullible everyone could be.  I don't remember.  I do remember telling them that I'd seen a moose in the woods.  Everyone was shocked and my brothers insisted on going to take a look.

Off the three of them went and I put my head down and laughed at how gullible they were.  I sat there, in the sun by the water, talking to my Aunt and sisters.  I took a dip in the water.  Probably snacked on some chips.  Totally oblivious to the fact that my Mom and brothers weren't back yet.

Finally, my Aunt decided it was time to leave and she asked me where they were.  It still didn't click that they were moose hunting.  For sure they had realized I was lying and were swimming in the lake.

Off I went to look for them when from across the lake I hear:
Mom:  "KASEY... I'm gonna effin kill you!!!!"
Brother:  "WAAAHHHHHH my feet hurt!  WAAAHHHHH!"
Me:  "HHHAAAAHHHAAA... What are you doing?
Mom:  "Looking for the GD moose (yes she cursed like a sailor).  Your effin walking kid!"

Apparently, they got lost on their moose hunt.  My other brother kept leaving them and walking up the hill to the main road.  The cry baby brother went on the moose hunt without shoes on (dummy) and my poor Mom had to carry him part of the way.  By the time they figured out where they were, they were half way around the lake and had to keep moving.

I laughed as I watched them make it the rest of the way.  I laughed even harder when my cry baby brother had to be rescued because he wouldn't cross over a 5 foot concrete slab with about 3 inches of water on it.  He cried and cried about how slimy it was until, finally, a couple in a boat let him cross over their boat instead of the slimy concrete.

The funniest part though?

When I finally admitted there was no moose.  All my Mom could say was, "Do NOT talk to me right now!"

Epic prank and I barely even knew I was playing one!


10 comments:

  1. Too funny! Love that you didn't know they were out looking for a moose. Well played.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, I still don't know how we didn't notice! LOL

      Delete
  2. That's great! Love your mom - she sounds like a character!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She definitely was! The stuff we put her through! Haha!

      Delete
  3. It would have been really bad if they had actually found a moose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya... it wouldn't have been too funny then!

      Delete
  4. Haha that is SO funny! Thanks for stopping by on my SITS day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hysterical! It was like you forgot about them, or did. Oops! Doesn't sound like you go in too much trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! That's so funny your mom cursed like a sailor!
    Love those moose hunts

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your Mom. (I swear like that). And I think it's hilarious that you were so cool about it. I would have been freaking out wondering if I'd get in trouble for lying.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails