Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Too Many Works in Progress

I envy those DIY blogs that always seem to have new things to post.  Where do they find the time for it all?  The space to keep there supplies?  The concentration to complete a project?  Not only do I get bored with a project that doesn't turn out right on the first try but I will get bored before I even start because I've had to much time to think about it.

I've had a blank canvas since November that was supposed to become something close to this:

Source: etsy.com via Kasey on Pinterest


And I have about 15 plain glass ornaments.

The finished products were supposed to look like these and were supposed to be Christmas presents.  I started ONE!



Source: bhg.com via Kasey on Pinterest

Poor Lilly, she has the least going on in her room.  The wall behind her bed was supposed to have a tree similar to this on it.

Source: etsy.com via Kasey on Pinterest


And how about this scarf that I started a whole year ago?  I missed a stitch somewhere and ended up taking half of it out and now it just sits there, waiting to be finished!

I never even made Abby a baby book and have been 'working' on a photo album of her first 2 years for months (she'll be 3 in April).  I know I need to get moving because soon I'll forget what I even want to put in there!

All these half started projects (or supplies for projects that I didn't start yet) wind up in my room which now looks more like a dumping ground than a master bedroom.  It's such an easy spot to store things because it's so big and so far from being 'done'.  Our walls are practically bare because we're waiting to decorate until we paint (of course I already have the stencil I want to use on one of the walls) and the furniture we own barely fills the room so there's lots of room to pile things.  I guess you can say that the entire room is a work in progress!

This is it though, I'm doing my own intervention.  No more purchasing supplies until SOMETHING is completely.  I'm promising myself that one thing will be checked off the list by the end of February.  Anything but the ornaments because that ship has pretty much sailed until next year.  Or the scarf because I don't think I have the patience for that.  But I promise to finish SOMETHING!  I vow to not go into Michaels until I actually accomplish something. Well, unless it's for something to do with Abby because that's different, right?

Anyone else have the hardest time completing a project?  I need to know I'm not alone!

1 comment:

  1. Years ago I would start lots of projects and then ever few years I would spend a year finishing projects and getting rid of the ones that I didn't like. It took alot for me to say it was ok to get rid of the ones I didn't like. I was happy with what I finished.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails