Friday, January 27, 2012

Focus Friday


"Whatever we focus on is bound to expand. Where we see the negative, we call forth more negative. And where we see the positive, we call forth more positive. Having loved and lost, I now love more passionately. Having won and lost, I now win more soberly. Having tasted the bitter, I now savor the sweet."
 Marianne Williamson 


This has been a tough week of tantrums and meltdowns.  I always try to remind myself that Abby will outgrow this stage and I'll be missing the good stuff.  So, let's focus on the funny/cute toddlerisms!

Abby's new way to say football is hootball.  I don't know why since she used to say it perfect.  She is so excited for the Superbowl and I fear that my husband has successfully created a lifelong Patriots fan.  Here she is all geared up for the game last week:
This game is serious!

On our way to the grocery store the other day, she insisted on making her own list.  With pen and paper in hand she started:
     Step 1:  Hot Chocolate (which she's never had)
     Step 2:  Yogurt (one of her faves)
     Step 3:  The sticky things that go on mommy's underwear

Step 3 had me laughing, it also made me realize that she spends entirely too much time in the bathroom with me.

Abby has been reading to me and Lilly.  Her memory is incredible!  She hears a story once and she remembers key phrases from each page.  It's so cute and she is so proud of herself!

She has been 'playing' with her imaginary friends.  Well, her one imaginary friend is her best friend who she doesn't get to see nearly enough but I love that her imagination is so alive!

Everything she does was 'this week'.  For example, 'I go to the museum and saw shark this week.'  It was actually 2 months ago, but to her it was yesterday.  Oh, to have no sense of time!

Focusing on these cute little things makes staying home with her and Lilly worth it.  I know that these are the things that won't last forever.  She used to say 'hi morning' whenever she woke up and call our dog, JR, 'caca'.  Those little quirks are already gone and I'm not even sure she remembers that there was a time that she didn't quite get it right.

As she gets older and I look back on these days, the tantrums will be a distant memory but I'll always remember the things that make me laugh.

That's the good stuff!

2 comments:

  1. I had to pull over and throw my daughter's imaginary friend out of the car. He was interrupting her while she told a story and he wouldn't stop.

    That girl cracks me up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so funny! It is amazing what they come up with! LOL Don't worry too much about her saying football differently. Our pediatrician says kids can revert some words back while they are learning new ones.

    http://goodbaduglylifewith4girls.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails