Monday, January 23, 2012

An Open Letter to the New England Patriots

Dear New England Patriots:

I really wish that you didn't make it into the Super Bowl this year.  I mean, it's good for you but not so much for me.  I will now spend the next two weeks with an antsy husband who will be reviewing plays and stats as if his life depended on it.  I will spend the entire day of game praying for a win because he will act like a HUGE baby if you don't.  Seriously, you would think that he had big money on the game or he was actually part of the team.  Actually, I think there might be times that the lines between fantasy and reality are blurred and he might actually think he's one of you:

At Patriots Place in August 2010 after we watched you practice.  Highlight of my life!  


I will never forget when you lost to the Giants during your undefeated year.  I remember nothing about the game but I do remember the look on my husband's face.  His world collapsed.  I'm pretty sure he loves you more than he loves me (as for Tom Brady, I KNOW he loves you more).  I have come to terms with that and accept it.  I dealt with the loss by laughing as he dropped to his knees in disbelief.  I know it wasn't the most sympathetic response, but sometimes it feels good to see the 'other woman' fail miserably.

The loss was magnified by the fact that I am from East Rutherford, NJ:  the home of the Giants.  Can you imagine what he has to listen to at family get togethers?  To top it all off, we drive right passed Giant Stadium (or whatever they call it now).  Trust me, you don't even want to be in the car at the end of our 4 hour road trip!  Oh, the hostility!

Please, for me and the sake of my girls, win on February 5th.  I do not want my kids to see their Dad cry because it will make them cry and we have enough crying around here.

And you guys WON!  Imagine what a loss looks like around here!

Sincerely,

Wife of a Pats Fan Who is Totally Dreading a Repeat

1 comment:

  1. Ha! I live with a husband who despises Tom Brady and the Patriots as much as your husband loves them! So there will be tears in our house if the Pats win. I personally am in love with Peyton Manning & since he's not playing I have to pull for his lil bro :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails