Thursday, October 21, 2010

My Wardrobe Malfunction

I have something in common with celebs like Tara Reed.  You know, the celebs who unwillingly flash a little boobage.  Yup, I have had a major wardrobe malfunction!

I took dance classes from age 3 to age 16 but my 8th grade dance recital takes the cake for most excitement.  I was so happy to be in advanced classes which meant more routines and, in my opinion, way cooler routines.  My particular favorite that year was a song from Lion King, "Be Prepared".  I was so excited to perform the number and was just getting into it when the unthinkable happened!



As far as wardrobe malfunctions go, this could not have happened at a better time.  I bent down and over the music I could hear "Snap".  As quickly as I heard it, I felt my strap pop off and I reacted.  Grabbing my almost exposed boob, I followed the group with the next step, a leap, but then proceeded off the stage.  Mortified is the best word to describe what I was feeling.  Unfortunately, I couldn't actually exit the stage from the wing I was on so there I stood for the next 2 minutes or so... holding my costume up the entire time.

When the song was over, I hurried backstage where my mom and best friend were waiting.  My mom, who was the one who sewed my costume in place, was super apologetic but I was so embarrassed that I lashed out at her a little.  However, before she was even done sewing it back into place, I saw the humor in it and started laughing.

The worst part of the whole thing?  There were a bunch of high school boys in the back of the auditorium that I was sure would never let me live it down.  Even worse, my uncle had the whole thing of video.  Even worse, I had to wear this costume countless times over the next few days!  At least my nervousness was focused on keeping my costume on as opposed to performing!

Visit Mama Kat if you'd like to participate in this weeks Writer's Workshop!

4 comments:

  1. I think the key phrase here was "my almost exposed boob"! Good save! Imagine how mortified you would have been had it actually been exposed! ~:0

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least it was only "almost" exposed as opposed to fully exposed! Glad you could see the humor in it!

    Stopping by from Mama Kat's

    ReplyDelete
  3. Disaster averted - phew! So glad you got out of there and had your Mom to go to. Did the boys ever give you a hard time about it? BTW: on Tuesday I posted 3 tips about helping those with cancer. I'd love your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by today. I very much enjoyed your honest and heartfelt comment. Abby is lucky to have a Mom like you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails