Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sweet Sunday! Root Beer Float Cupcakes!

I have been craving something sweet for days and while I was cleaning my pantry I realized that I had this icing decorator thingy from Pampered Chef that was still in it's box.  I had bought it a while ago hoping it would make my cupcakes look FABULOUS!  So, I decided that I'd try it out today since it's Sunday and calories don't count on Sunday.

Since I was using my fancy schmancy icing decorator, I figured I'd better make something equally as fancy.  I decided to poke around on my cousin's blog for some ideas and came across Root Beer cupcakes.  I figured it had to be delicious because all of her stuff always looks so good.  Seriously, whenever I see a new picture on Facebook my mouth starts to water.  All of her creations look amazing!   And judging by these cupcakes, I'm sure they taste amazing too.

The icing does taste exactly like a root beer float!  The cake part has cocoa in it which I wasn't sure about at first but it worked really well together.  I have to admit, this was a little more work then I'm used to since my cupcakes usually come out of a box but it was well worth the effort!  My frosting does not look quite as FABULOUS as I hoped... I guess my Pampered Chef thingy isn't magical after all... but it passed the taste test conducted by Abby and Dan so it's definitely a winner!


Oh, notice those cute cupcake liners?  Those are silicone ones and I LOVE them!  For some reason, my cupcakes always stick to paper or foil liners so these worked out perfect!
Enhanced by Zemanta

5 comments:

  1. Those look AMAZING!! Good job on trying something new and those liners look super cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your frosting looks scrumptious, so fluffy. I have those silicone liners. Aren't they awesome? I've converted a lot of my bakeware to the silicone stuff. I love it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delicious Kasey! I love root beer floats! I love how your cupcakes came out. They look so yummy! I have not tried those silicone liners yet. Sounds like a fun baking day! Have a great day my friend!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM! I've been wanting some of those liners!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, you’re such an inspiration. I love this blog!
    How to Use Silicone Bakeware. Silicone bakeware is high-tech and easy to store and clean, which makes it an appealing option to many bakers.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails