Monday, January 31, 2011

Our Trip to Port Discovery

Well, so I didn't win the lottery but I did win tickets to the most AMAZING place the other day!  Port Discovery is a children's museum in Baltimore that I have been dying to take Abby to for some time.   I was first introduced to them while reading (Cool) Progeny who has the scoop on all the fun kids stuff around the Baltimore area so when I saw she was giving away a family pack of tickets I had to enter... AND I WON!  Thank you  (Cool) Progeny!!!

This place is one of the coolest places I have ever seen.  There is so much to do and the price is super reasonable.  Just about every exhibit on this 3 level museum is appealing to everyone from toddlers to big kids (like me)!  Right in the middle of museum is a 3 level urban treehouse that is filled with twists, turns, and all sorts of climbing fun.  Abby was a little young to climb the whole thing but she loved the rope bridge on the third floor.  Just look at how high up it is!  It was a pretty long bridge and she made it over and back without any fear!  I was amazed!

As much as she loved climbing, I think her favorite part was Wonders of Water.  There were fountains, a stream table and so much more water fun!  They warn that kids will get wet on their website but I had no idea what we were in for!  Abby got soaked and I was so happy I brought a change of clothes for her.

We were lucky enough to go on the day that they were celebrating the Chinese New Year and the music and lion dance were absolutely awesome!  (As were the food samples from P.F. Changs... yum!)

There was so much more there... a mini diner, a convenient store for kids to shop in, a mystery house... way too much to put into one post.  Abby ran around like a luny bird from exhibit to exhibit.  There was no stopping her or even slowing her down.  Within five minutes of the car ride home, this is what my luny bird looked like.

I would highly recommend it to anyone with little ones living near Baltimore.  Thank you again to  (Cool) Progeny!!

3 comments:

  1. So glad you guys had such a wonderful time - - thanks so much for sharing!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you guys had a blast! Good thing you brought an extra change of clothes...haha I would have totally forgot that! Hope things are settling in well in the new place. I swear things are still ciaos here...haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love discovery museums, particularly the ones in larger cities. I always walk around them saying, this is so cool for kids & it's pretty cool for moms and dads too. Glad she had fun!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails