Thursday, June 3, 2010

Writer's Workshop: Laugh even though you shouldn't!

I decided to take part in Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop this week and write on prompt 2... laughing at inappropriate times.  Hop on over to her place to see the other prompts!



poodle4.jpg
I always laugh when I'm uncomfortable or nervous which is usually the worst time to laugh.  Once, my friend tapped a parked car and I laughed.  Another friend, got pulled over for speeding and I laughed.  This past weekend my aunt was yelling at her daughter and, well, I laughed.  That's just what I do.

The most memorable uncomfortable laughing outburst was the day of my wedding.  I'm not the type of person who likes people to look at me and the thought of 150 sets of eyes on me was enough to make me sick!  It sounds crazy because it was a room filled of family and friends but I was super uncomfortable and would have preferred that no one turned around when I walked down the aisle (well, except Hubbins of course!).  I laughed through rehearsal the night before which made my sister's laugh so I knew I had to try to keep it together.  I did great up until the most important part of the ceremony... THE VOWS!!!

The priest almost called my husband Don instead of Dan.  It was a quick slip up and most people didn't catch it.  I did though... and I couldn't hold it together!  I actually had to apologize and turn my head.  I remember looking up and saying to myself, "Please, let me stop laughing!".  I think it took me what felt like an eternity to compose myself and by then my sisters were laughing too.  The rest of the ceremony was filled with silent laughter and a couple of snorts!

At the reception, they actually inserted our vows into our wedding song.  It was so sweet and it almost sounded like I was a choked up.  It's a great memory and definitely let everyone know right from the ceremony that our wedding was going to be fun!

2 comments:

  1. I had to choke back laughter while taking my vows too..in fact, it took me so long to get my composure, my husband thought I was going to say no!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kasey, I laughed through this post! I love it when people cannot stop laughing!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails