Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Baking Adventures!

Our first fundraiser is quickly approaching and I couldn't be more excited!  We're having a bake sale outside of Walmart and it's on  the 19th.  It's a Saturday so I'm hoping we'll be super successful!!  I've been planning and prepping for it all week.  


A bake sale is not as easy as it sounds for someone who needs things to be as close to perfect as humanly possible!  I tested the M&M cookies 3 times and finally think I got it!  The first time I omitted the rolled oats because I didn't have them.  Apparently the rolled oats are important because although the cookies tasted ok, they were flat as pancakes!  So, then I tried another recipe and took one bite and they were dry as  dirt!  Trust me, if I won't eat something with chocolate in it then it must be awful!  Finally, I went back to the original recipe and used rolled oats... PERFECT!!!  I guess recipes are meant to be followed after all!


Those are some good looking cookies, if I do say so myself!  For the bake sale I'll be making them with pink M&M's.  Here's the recipe I used:




Ingredients:
1 1/3 cup all purpose flour, spooned into measuring cup & leveled
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup cooking oats
3/4 cup m&ms
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup white sugar
1/3 – 1/2 cup chopped pecans

1 slightly beaten egg
1/2 cup butter (melted slightly in the microwave)
1 teaspoon vanilla



Preheat oven to 350.  Mix all the dry ingredients together.  Mix the egg, butter, and vanilla and then add to the dry ingredients.  You may need to use your hands to fully mix all of the ingredients.  Roll dough into a walnut sized ball and bake for about 10 minutes (mine took about 11 minutes).  


* This recipe was courtesy of Bakerella.  If you haven't heard of her before, click here to see all of her yummy creations!  The cake pops are on my list for our next bake sale!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails