Thursday, July 5, 2012

Happy Belated 4th of July!


I hope you all had an awesome 4th of July!  Ours was a little lazy... and HOT.  Dan had to work so we actually went to a carnival over the weekend to catch some fireworks.  I learned that Abby is a dare devil and will definitely push me way past my comfort zone.

Case in point:  the Ferris Wheel.  I'm cool with a roller coaster but ferris wheels terrify me.  They move so slow and the stopping to let people on/off gives me too much time to think about the fact that we are hanging in a basket way above the tree tops.

But, I faced my fears (and paid 5 bucks for a bracelet) and got on the damn ride!  The things I do for my girls!

And, I made it and it was actually way less scary then this helicopter ride (which is for kids).  That thing must have had some loose screws or something because it certainly didn't feel sturdy!

The favorite ride for both of us that night was the Tilt A Whirl.  I debated taking her on it at first but I'm glad I did because she LOVED it!  She calls it the crazy ride!  I think I found my future roller coaster buddy, hopefully old age doesn't change my love for them!

I'm so thankful that we went to the carnival because last night we had a bit of a firework fail.  We couldn't see the fireworks from where I thought we could.  We tried to walk to another spot and had no luck so I admitted defeat and disappointed Abby.  I agreed to grab her some McNuggets to help lessen the disappointment.

We grabbed our nuggets, while hearing the sound of fireworks that we couldn't see.  Then we headed home.  On our way I noticed a bunch of cars parked on the side of the road.  As we got closer I saw that people were sitting on the cars and standing around.  SCORE!  You must be able to see them from here!

I pulled over, got Abby unbuckled and we watched the last 5 minutes.  When we started driving off, Abby exclaimed, "YAY!! Mommy saved the day!"

I can not tell you how good that made me feel!  It didn't matter that we missed most of them, she was just happy to see some.  I got lucky, took a road that we don't normally take home, found the perfect spot... and I saved the day!  Go me!

1 comment:

  1. I don't know where you live but it sounds as if you have a partner to take on roller coaster rides at a Six Flags in the future.

    Good job saving the day!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails