Monday, March 26, 2012

Sanity Saver: Shaving Cream Bath Paints

Sometimes, I run out of fun ideas.  Sometimes, I get bored playing toy story or dinosaurs or babies.  So, I have been trying to come up with projects to keep Abby busy and save my ears from hearing, "Play with Mama," one more time.  I call these projects my 'Sanity Savers'.

First, let me just say how grateful I am for the internet because I would never have come up with the leprechaun trap or fish on my own.  Sure they're simple but my tired brain just isn't that creative.  I have no idea what I would do without the help of fellow bloggers who come up with fun ideas for me... Thank you and I will always be sure to mention where I got my ideas from!

Today was one of those days and after dinner I knew I had to come up with something or it was going to be a long night.  I decided to try out Shaving Cream Bath Paints since we always do bath time right after dinner.  I found it via Pinterest (can you tell I love, love, LOVE Pinterest?) but here's the link to the original site.

As Abby was eating dinner I made her some bath tub paints.  All you need is some shaving cream (mine was $1 at Target) and some food die.  I mixed them in plastic cups so that I could just throw the mess away when she was finished.

When she was done eating, I let her paint her heart out on the tub.  At first, she didn't like getting messy but by the end she was painting her belly yellow!  She probably played for a good half hour and then she played for another 15 minutes with her bath toys after she got all cleaned up.  She's already asking what colors we'll have next time!
I would love to hear what some of your Sanity Savers are.  How do you keep your little ones busy?

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I hear you! I get so tired of doing the same things over and over. This shaving cream idea is great! We love to use those kid Bingo Stamper markers on coffee filters. The thin paper makes the colors bleed, and we make all kinds of cool designs, and then hang them from the ceiling. They look cool with the sunlight hitting them.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails