Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas Memories

Sadly, Christmas is over.  All that build up and in a blink of an eye it's over.  POOF!

Abby had a super exciting day and has not put her Jesse toy down since she opened it!  It even came shopping with us yesterday (for the record, shopping the day after Christmas is not a good idea with 2 kids... AAHHHHH).

I hope that Santa was as good to all of you as he was to me!  I got a snazzy new camera that is so fancy, I was actually afraid to open the box!  I have got a lot to learn but I'm super excited!  My husband is too good to me sometimes!

One of the gifts that meant the most was actually not given to me, but to Abby.  Attached to her gift bag from my Aunt was an ornament.  We thought it was so strange that the ornament had a G on it but I thought that maybe she just hadn't noticed it.  Turns out, this was one of my Mom's ornaments from when she was about 18 and they lived together.  It's been on my Aunt's tree every year since then and she decided to take it off this year and give it to us.  How sweet is that?


The cool part is, that me and Dan collect ornaments.  Most of our ornaments are sentimental and hold memories from places we go.  Our wedding favors were even handmade ornaments!

We started during when Dan came home from Iraq and we went to Niagara Falls.  Unfortunately, that one is lost somewhere in the tree right now... can you see it because I can't!

I even have an ornament given to me by my Grandmother on my very first Christmas.

I'm crazy when it comes to labeling because one year there were a bunch that I wasn't sure where they came from.  Now that the season is over, all of these ornaments and memories attached to them will get tucked away in a closet.  We'll collect new ones throughout the year and reminisce as we decorate for Christmas 2012!

Hope you all had a Merry Merry Christmas and I wish you all a very Happy New Year!!


1 comment:

  1. Mery Christmas and Happy New Year my friend! These pictures are great! It looks like a wonderful CHristmas. I wish you and your family a very Happy New Year filled with great health, plenty of laughter and so much love! Happy New Year Kasey!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails