Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Tinkle, Tinkle Little Doggie

We're about to head out to LBI to vacation with some family.  The only problem is we have a dog... a very anxious and bad little dog.  Since we're staying in a rented house, we didn't want to bring him and deal with the messes and embarrassment.  We decided to board him at Petsmarts Pet Hotel and the trip there today was anything but fun.  


Hubbins is working so I had to bring the dog in.  As I'm walking into the store and holding Abby, my little beast is jumping and barking at everyone and everything.  I try to put Abby in a cart but realize that the cart is too high and the dog's leash it too short.  I had no choice but to let J.R. dangle in the air for a few seconds (poor guy).


We get into the hotel check in area... which is nicer than some hotels I've stayed at... and he immediately poops on the floor.  Fantastic!  They clean it up which freaks the dog out even more and he starts tinkling.  Not normal tinkle... an endless stream!  As he's endlessly tinkling he's also jumping up on me.  Of course, I'm in flip flops.  Now, I'm covered in pee and there's a puddle in the bottom of my flip flog.  UGH!


When the woman tries to put the collar on J.R., Abby starts freaking out.  I guess she doesn't like this new collar?  So, now I'm being tinkled on and trying to calm her down... great!  After the woman puts the collar on, and in the middle of this chaos, she informs me that I need to add on to our package because J.R. will not get enough exercise.  The problem?  He hates other animals and doesn't like to eat treats or food when we're not around.  So, $13 a day for a peanut butter and ice cream is a waste.  Finally, in an effort to speed things along so I can go wash my foot, I agree to an extra individual playtime which is an extra $10 a day.  This little beast better enjoy it!!!!


I hope everyone has a great rest of the week and weekend!  

5 comments:

  1. HAHAH that is hilarious! Oh the joys of pets! I hope you guys enjoy your vacation!! That picture is priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a story! I hope you have a great vacation...you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very funny! My little doggie can be a little stinker at times also! I hope you have a fun vacation! I gave you an award! Come and get it!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you had a great trip! Just gave you an award...

    ReplyDelete
  5. So funny! Following you now from bloggy moms! ~Kimberly

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails