Saturday, March 13, 2010

My First Post!

This is my very first post and I am super excited!!! It took me so long to decide to start a blog and even longer to find a url that was available :). I've been thinking a lot about what I want to blog about. At first, it was to raise awareness and fundraise for the Susan G. Komen 3 Day Walk for the Cure that I'm participating in on October 8th 2010 in Washington, D.C. But there's a much bigger reason for this blog. I am doing this walk in honor of my mom and, although the true reason for it is to fund breast cancer research, for me its more about healing. My mom passed away this past July at age 52 from breast cancer. She battled for 6 years. She was in remission for a few years but it came back in 2008 and she was told she only had about 6 weeks to live! But, thanks to a great doctor and advances in medicine, she was with us for over a year. Through this blog I hope to connect with others and provide comfort to those who might need it. My mom showed me there is a reason to smile everyday! I hope I can give my followers reasons to smile. So, in the upcoming months you can expect to see fundraising updates, family updates and anything uplifting that I feel should be passed on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails