Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Spring Cleaning

Homeownership has definitely been a learning experience.  We had the mouse incident a while back.  Then recently we learned that our two upstairs toilets were not installed properly, hence the rock I felt every time I sat down.  Now that the weather is nicer, we tried to install the screens we have in the basement only to find out that only two of them fit our current windows.  Then the normal stuff, like all the extra cleaning that two floors of living space entails.

Oh, and need I forget the painting.  When I originally came up with my vision of paint colors, Dan said no problem.  He found painting relaxing.  I believe "zen" was the word he used.  So we went big... paint the walls, trim, the bedroom would have this fancy stencil work that I saw on Color Splash, and even refinish the bedroom furniture.  By the time we got to the living room, Dan's definition of zen had changed.  He no longer finds it relaxing and the hallway is where the re-do ends for now.

I'm not complaining though because I LOVE our new home.  It's just been an interesting ride these past few months.  There has been a lot to learn.  A lot of things to worry about that we never had to before.  It's kind of fun to take care of a home that we actually own.

Now, we're on to the outside since Abby's birthday is next month and we are hoping the weather is nice enough to have a barbecue.  Let me say, gardening is not my strong point.  More specifically, being around bugs is not my strong point.  I have been trying to be brave since we have a mounds and mounds of leaves.  The past few days we've been spending lots of time outside chipping away at the work.

That's when I saw the one bug that I can handle.  The one bug that makes me think of Spring whenever I see it.  I love it so much that I actually decorated Abby's room with them.

Ladybugs!!  I was so excited to point it out to Abby when I saw it.  She loved watching it crawl around on the wood.  Than she tried to sit on it!  Haha!  We spotted it 2 days ago and she's been looking for every day since.

Hope your seeing signs of Spring outside your home too!

3 comments:

  1. Painting is great but it's a TON of work. BTW I went to HS and College with David from Color Splash - great guy. Love those ladybugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you are saying about screens not fitting and some other stuff that you did not think about when you buy a home. It is a lot of work, but it is so nice to be "home". It will all come together Kasey. I am so excited with the hints of spring. We love to be outside. Have a great night!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that picture of the ladybug!! And that quote is perfect!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails