Monday, November 1, 2010

Trick or Treat!

I hope everyone had a great Halloween!  We certainly did.  It was Abby's first time trick or treating and we tagged along with some good friends of ours who have a daughter Abby's age.  Watching the two girls figure out what was going on was more fun than I thought!  It was adorable.

When we first started, Abby took off running like a maniac down the street.  She didn't want to carry her bucket to the first few houses and at some houses she didn't even get candy.  But her AHA moment arrived when we were at this guy's house.  I think it might have been the moment both girls realized that all these people were giving them stuff.  Abby's never had candy so I'm guessing to her it seemed like she was getting treasures!  She dug through his bucket for a while and finally realized it all looked good so she tried to take the whole thing!  Too cute!

After that, she wouldn't let go of her bucket!  She would take breaks to rest but was very protective of her bucket.  She even held it on her lap the whole car ride home.  Well, until I realized that she bit open a Twix (her first candy bar!).  I took the bucket only to find out later that she had hid some in her car seat.  No wonder she was ok with me taking the bucket away!

1 comment:

  1. I found out that my kids were snacking on their treats along the way!!! Sneaky little devils aren't they????

    Lots of yummy love,
    Alex aka Ma What's For Dinner
    www.mawhats4dinner.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails