Monday, May 2, 2011

First, I really need to say a big Thank You to all of our troops!  Let's pray that today marks a turning point for our world to return to peace again so that all of our troops can start coming home!

So, I really didn't intend to take such a long blogging break.  I thought that confronting my block would help but life has been a bit hectic and this little blog of mine has been terribly neglected.  Honestly, I have only been spending about a fraction of the time I normally do online.  The strangest thing is that I still don't feel like I have gotten any thing extra accomplished with my day.  Go figure!

The first exciting thing to happen these past few weeks was that we went out and finally bought a new car!  I can not tell you how happy I am to finally have some wheels on the days that Dan works.  I am not too happy about the payment but I guess that's just the way it works.  I am also not too happy that gas prices are so incredibly ridiculous which makes road trips still hard to plan.  If only I could just win the lottery!!

We also had a very special birthday to celebrate!  Abby's 2nd birthday was filled with lots of family and fun.  The party was on Sunday but half the party showed up the day before so it was a jam packed weekend!  All the cleaning, planning and cooking was definitely worth it because Abby had a blast!
Then we took her back to Clark's Farm on her actually birthday so she could run around and pet some of the animals.  She loved it!!  I tried to recreate some of the photos we took the year before but she isn't all that cooperative in front of the camera.  She either doesn't look at me or she runs up to me yelling "Cheese!" which makes my picture look like this:

We also got a new room mate!  My sister decided she wanted to live closer so she's going to be staying with us for a while.  I have been so far away from family for the past few years so I couldn't be happier having her here!  Abby is absolutely loving all of the extra attention too.

We were also lucky enough to have some beautiful weather so we've been trying to get outside to enjoy it.  We did some Easter egg hunting and we even walked to our local beach!  Abby can't wait to jump in the water!


And the biggest news!  The news that I have been dying to share but wanted to tell my Grandmother in person before I told any of my bloggy buddies is......

Yup... baby #2 is on it's way!  The expected due date is November 19th and I am super excited!  This wasn't exactly a planned thing but it's definitely a happy surprise.  This is probably the biggest reason that I haven't been blogging lately.  This baby has totally wiped me out.  I was nauseous day and night and just looking at the computer screen was making my world spin.  Thankfully, I think I'm slowly getting past that and I'm hoping it's smooth sailing from now until November.

So, there you have it.  We've been celebrating some pretty big things... birthdays, Easter, pregnancy... oh my!  We've also had lots of visitors and my sister moved in.  All that on top of morning sickness!  But, the good news is that I'm back and I can't wait to catch up with all of you!
Enhanced by Zemanta

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations! And I love the closed eyes pictures. There always seems to be an age when the kids' "cheese" pose is something we would not expect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW yay Congrats! So much but a new baby that is soooooo awesome! Congrats and hope your world calms down; at least until the baby comes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the baby! I am so happy for you! Happy birthday to Abby! I know blogging can take up a lot of time. It should be something we do that relaxes us and puts a smile on our faces. It was good you took a little time for yourself my friend. I am happy you got a new car! Enjoy it! Have a great day!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your little angel is so beautiful! I can't to read more about her antics. I have a little 2 year old girl as well. They are full of life (and drama sometimes). They keep us guessing, don't they? Thanks for checking out Our Mommyhood and I look forward to sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband was in the military so I appreciate everything our troops do for us. Following you from the Mom Bloggers Club. Would love it if you would visit and LIKE my page: www.facebook.com/flightlessgoose or my twitter: www.twitter.com/wlbks

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails